Bad breath is a common oral problem that anyone can develop. If you need to use mouth freshener constantly, your oral health may suffer. Taking a meal, with high content of onion and garlic can trigger bad breath problem. Several poor habits can contribute to the problem that affects natural smell of your mouth. You should take care of your dental and overall health to get rid of the problem. This way, you do not need to be embarrassed when getting closer to someone. Visiting a dentist can help you a lot in this regard. If you are a resident of Battersea, get an appointment of an experienced dentist at a reputed oral clinic. Read on to know the actual reasons behind your bad breath.
- Excessive intake of alcohol – Drinking alcohol, you may suffer from dry mouth. It reduces production of saliva in the mouth. More bacteria will be formed in your mouth due to lack of saliva that causes bad breath.
- Extreme use of mouthwash – Mouthwash is used to hide bad smell of your mouth. Some mouthwashes contain alcohol that kills oral bacteria. As a result, more harmful bacteria are produced that cause bad breath. It is recommended to brush and floss your teeth regularly. You may visit an acclaimed dental practice in Battersea to undergo dental check-ups by an experienced dentist.
- Eating too much mouth freshener – Although mouth freshener can hide bad breath temporarily yet, it actually worsen the problem. Mouth fresheners contain sugar that facilitates formation of the bacteria and causes bad breath.
- Breathing through mouth – While sleeping, some people have the habit of breathing through their mouth. It may contribute to dry mouth and bad breath. It is advised that you breathe through your nose otherwise, your mouth and tongue will be dried and bacteria will form leading to foul smell.
- Floss your teeth – Only brushing cannot remove the stains between your teeth that causes formation of bacteria and bad breath. You should floss your teeth at least once a day, as flossing is important to remove stains between the teeth. Contact a qualified dentist battersea to know how to floss and other ways to cleanse your teeth.
- Change your toothbrush – It is recommended to use a high-quality toothbrush to cleanse your teeth. Dentists suggest changing toothbrush every two to three months in order to improve your oral hygiene. The bristles of an old toothbrush get worn out due to constant use. Thus, it becomes difficult to remove plaque that facilitates formation of bacteria in your mouth.
- Side effects of medications – You may suffer from dry mouth due to certain medications. Several medicines can contribute to bad breath, dry mouth or taste disorders. So, if you experience bad breath due to your medications, contact your doctor to get necessary advice.
- Drink enough water – Do not forget to drink enough water that will help keep your mouth hydrated. If you fail to do so, this will contribute to dry mouth and formation of bacteria in your mouth. Staying hydrated will facilitate production of saliva and get rid of bacteria that cause bad breath.
You should take care of your oral health to prevent bad breath. It is recommended to get your teeth examined by a well-trained dentist in Battersea for professional treatment.