If the desire is to explore the beauty of North India and be mesmerized with its rich, unique culture and traditions, then it will be useful to avail the Golden Triangle tour package. This circuit is considered to be among the most admired and famous of all tourist circuits of North India. It focuses mainly on the three main tourist destinations that North India boasts about like Jaipur, Agra and Delhi, the political capital of the country. This tour can also be clubbed with various other interesting cities like Varanasi and Khajuraho. The itinerary does provide the tourist with an opportunity to explore the land’s various facets.
Golden triangle tour with Varanasi and Khajurajo
- Delhi: The first city that is on the list is Delhi, located on Yamuna River’s banks. It is a sprawling cosmopolitan city boasting of people from different parts of the country and the world residing here. This city is also said to have served as the country’s capital for a very long time under several emperors and rulers. Now, it hosts wide range of monuments, shrines and buildings of historical interest. Few of the must visit attractions include the Red Fort, India Gate, Akshardham Temple, Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Raj Gjhat, Parliament House, etc.
- Agra: It is the next city to be visited after Delhi. This city is known to have earned a place for itself in the must visit global tourist locations due to the presence of the majestic and legendary Taj Mahal. The other sites of world heritage importance include Fatehpur Sikri and Agra Fort, all of which has been constructed during Mughal rule.
- Jaipur: Called popularly as the Pink City, it is the third city to be covered on the tour. It is popular for having numerous forts, palaces, temples and its colourful and rich culture. There are also present several imposing structures. The city does offer the tourists with an opportunity to explore the land’s unique culture and to meet the joyous people who prefer wearing multi-coloured costumes.
- Varanasi: This is another place that is to be visited. It is also considered to be the oldest city in the country, still inhabited and being of religious importance. It is located on the Ganges and offers a picturesque location. The tourists can explore the different bathing Ghats as well as the cremation sites located on the banks of the River Ganges. Morning and evening boat rides will help the person to enjoy people bathing in the Ghats and prayers being offered.
- Khajuraho: It is the last on the tour and popular for its erotic temples. It is left untouched by the foreign invaders, due to its distance from the main political centres during medieval times. The temple’s fine carvings do portray that people of those times believed in living life to their fullest. The temples located here are the Adinath Temple and Parasvanath Temple.
Exploring the Golden Triangle package with other locations can help the tourist to enjoy some of the interesting places in the circuit, but not all of it.