Very soon, the classroom learning will be a thing of the past. In this constantly changing world, the methods of teaching and learning are also reforming, at a fast pace. The new generation of students is demanding a change in the way of learning. The students these days are more aware about their career prospects and are finding ways to utilize maximum time to hone their skills. They require freedom and flexibility in the education, which can be attained through distance learning.
Distance learning has become today’s education revolution. It is gaining elevation and is highly in vogue these days. The main reason for the uplift of distance learning is the keenness of the new age of students to promote themselves for building a better career. These students belong to full time working class.
A distance learning course gives them an opportunity to continue their work as well as pursue their higher studies. Seeing such a hike in the demand for distance learning programs, education providers are making amendments in the courses being offered via these programs to meet the demands of the students.
Courses Offered Overseas
Various countries are providing the facility of distance learning or online learning. There are a number of nationally recognized universities or learning institutes abroad, which provide accredited learning programs. India, United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, UAE, Australia is among the most preferred places that engage in distance learning programs.
On February 15, 2014 the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research had released a complete list of 105 foreign universities, which provide online courses. All these universities are accredited and are recommended for UAE students.
There are also numerous universities for the distance learning in Abu Dhabi. Various courses are being offered in these universities in the flied of Engineering, Media and Communication, Science, Business and Management, Hospitality, etc. The most prominent course being offered for the distance learning in Abu Dhabi is Management in Business Administrations.
Choosing a Distance Learning Program
- It should be a nationally recognized and accredited course.
- Learn beforehand if the university has a fixed semester or yearly schedule as people or students who are working may find difficulties with a less flexible schedule.
- Take a distance course which provides value for money, as these courses are cheaper than the regular courses.
- Find out about scholarships in the university as well as sponsorships being offered to students.
- Study materials being provided.
Advantages of Distance Learning
- Students have an opportunity to learn at their own pace and at their comfort level while indulging in different activities.
- Students can go through the teaching material at any time by replaying the videos.
- Any subject can be taken first, there’s no such compulsion to go in a sequence.
- Time management depends on the students, any time of the day can be made a learning time.
- As the learning material is online so the students can access it from anywhere at any time.
- No requirement to visit the institute therefore, no travelling cost.
With the increase in competition, you need to choose wisely to be ahead of the others. There are numerous opportunities present around the world, all you need is to find the best suitable one.