Flash animation has slowly but surely become the de-facto web animation format due to its flexibility and resource-friendly nature. However the one big limitation of Flash animation and its SWF format is the fact that it can only be played in the Adobe Flash Player. Needless to say that is a pretty inconvenient limitation to have, which is why the Movavi SWF to Video Converter offers an alternative: Convert your SWF Flash animations to a more universal video format. In the case of Macs, that format is undoubtedly MOV.
The best part about using the Movavi SWF to Video Converter is that its user interface is extremely intuitive and even if you’ve never dealt with file conversions in the past you should have no trouble at all. Just follow these steps to get on the right track to convert SWF:
- Select the Flash animation SWF file that you want to convert by clicking the ‘Browse’ button next to the ‘SWF file’ field.
- Select the destination folder where you want the converted file to be saved by clicking the ‘Browse’ button next to the ‘Destination folder’ field.
- Click on the ‘Video Settings’ tab and select the format of video you’d like to convert the SWF file into. In this case you should choose MOV.
- Set the frame rate that you’d like – the higher it is, the smoother the video will be, but the larger its file size will be too. Generally it is best to choose something between 10 to 20 fps.
- Click on the ‘Audio Settings’ tab and choose the source for the audio. In most cases you should leave this as the ‘Original sound’ but if you like you could choose to record audio from a microphone instead.
- Click on the ‘Resolution’ tab and select the resolution you like. If you’re unsure, just choose the most applicable option from the ‘Standard’ range, or if you’d like a custom resolution you can set that up as and how you see fit.
- Click ‘Convert’ to start the conversion.
Once the conversion is done you’ll have a MOV file that you’ll have no trouble playing on any Mac, or even on PCs with Quicktime or the right set of codecs. If you’d like to choose another format you can go back and do so whenever you like.