Our house is built using several components that constitute to the structure and look of the building and there are things hidden inside the walls that make our lives easier by providing us with a constant supply of water. The pipes that we install in our house should be maintained in a proper way so that the water is supplied without much hassle to the required spots. The regular plumbing keeps the components together in top shape and it is mostly done during the construction phase. It is best to use quality pipes for water supply as well as for drains since any low quality pipe often lead to expensive repairs in plumbing and also to the house as well because leaks can damage the walls and cause mould growth.
Different Materials used in Plumbing
There are different materials used in the plumbing process and depending upon the type of liquid to be passed and the budget of the client, the type of piping can be either steel or copper. The pipes can be installed by a plumber or by the client.
Steel pipes are one of the most commonly used pipes and are made using galvanized steel with a special inner coating along the diameter which helps prevent any forms of rust while the exterior is built to take on the adverse effects of the environment. These plumbing processes are very common and can be done by the common man. While installing new pipes, several factors are to be considered such as:-
- Ascertain the piping layout– This is the first step where the homeowner needs to consult the professional in order certain the piping layout. It can either be installed inside the walls or under the floor as well.
- Determine the correct diameter of piping– The different outlets in the house have different functions and their size vary accordingly. So, the customer has to decide and discuss with the plumber about the location for installing the pipes. This helps the plumber in selecting the appropriate fittings for implementing the layout. No compromise on quality- The biggest way to prevent any expensive damages at a later date is, not to compromise in terms of quality since this can lead to the leakage of the pipes, which in turn damage the structure of the house and end up costing huge amount of repairs to the owner.
- Maintaining the pipes– The pipes are very critical components and they need to be well maintained and since many areas have local regulations on the plumbing of the house, installation is mainly done inside the walls or in restricted areas which are difficult to maintain. But it is important to keep them well in order to prevent any form of leaks from the pipe and onto the house structure in future.
Various Steps in the Plumbing Process
- Identify the places where the piping is to be installed.
- Choose the correct set of pipes and fixtures for installation. They are normally used to divert the flow of water or to distribute it depending upon the plumbing.
Tools for Plumbing
- Torch- use torches instead of matches which makes the work easy.
- Pliers- to tight or lose the fittings.
- Hacksaw- to cut the pipes as well as the components involved in the process.
- Plunger- to unclog the drain or toilet.
- Cloth- cloths that withstand fire.
The pipes need to be well maintained once installed to prevent leakage of pipes which result in a drop in pressure as well as wastage. These pipes cannot be fixed and are best to be replaced since temporary fixes are not viable in this case.
If you are searching for information about the many plumbing solutions then have a look to get your plumbing working properly.