Audition is the only way to check an actor’s caliber, before signing them for any movie. Depending upon their performance, their role is decided. Whether it is a major or minor role, it requires lot of dedication and hard work. There are many actors, who get nervous during their audition, no matter how much they prepare.
Audition is a difficult exercise and don’t think you will be alone in the line. When you reach the audition theatre, it is always crowded with people competing with you. Most of them lose hope after seeing so many people struggling hard and practicing perfectly the script that has been provided. If you do not devote sufficient time for audition, then you lack in all characteristics.
As an actor if you panic, you tend to lose everything. There are hundreds of candidates, and the judges do not give a second chance. Thus, it is necessary to understand that only directors and audition team should be important for you.
You need to know that by the time your turn arrives, your director has already seen many auditions and is bored by now. It is necessary to take good training for the role, and so you should always refer to Amy Gossels casting agency, which is located in New York City. It is in quite demand as they have delivered talented actors for every project.
You need to look different from others so there are few things that you can follow-
- Dress up properly. Your attire should reveal your strength and confidence.
- Treat everyone nicely in the hall, even if that person is your competitor. You may never know that the producer might be sitting beside you who are monitoring everyone’s behavior.
- When you enter the room of crew members, always understand that most of them are bored and half irritated. Thus, it is better to start with a smile.
- Make many copies of your resume and handover to the crew members.
- Don’t touch any of the belongings of your audition team that may annoy them.
- Never be informal by chewing something like gum or smoking in crowd.
Once you have gained attention of the audition team, they ask for your resume. After providing them your resume they might look into it or might not. Hence, be prepared for everything. When they ask you to start your auditions, few guidelines need to be followed-
- If you have just received the script, then buy some time to read it thoroughly.
- The members do not care if you have mugged up the script, as all they care is how you represent it. Hence, take the script in your hand and speak it out with full expressions and confidence.
- They check your patience at times, which means that they might interrupt you, ask you to repeat the script many times with different moods. Sometimes, they also ask you read your script with the opposite cast to see if you match with them.
As always said, do not panic. Otherwise that can lead to fumbling with words or sentences. By any chance if such thing happens, then request the crew to start again. Before you leave, thank everyone in the hall and handover the script to the person, who offered it to you. As said earlier do not panic and stay calm.